Students new to the Onteora Central School must be registered before entering school.
Parents or guardians should schedule an appointment to register their child(ren) for school. Parents should obtain and complete a registration packet prior to scheduling an appointment.
To obtain a registration packet choose one of the following
- call the registrar's office - 845-657-6383
- stop by the registrar's office - 4166 State Route 28, Boiceville, NY
- download the appropriate form from the following document links below as a large packet or to the left as individual forms.
- The parent/legal guardian must be present at the time of registration and present picture identification.
- Registration is a two-step process. After meeting with the district representative, the parent and student visit the school building where the child will attend. It is at this time that the student's teacher/schedule is assigned and transportation arrangements are made.
The following documents are required to register a student into the Onteora Central School District:
All new students entering the Onteora Central School District must provide the proper documentation to establish residency. The documents provided must always state the student's physical address (where the student rests his or her head each night). A post office box is never an acceptable address for the purpose of determining residency. Please select the "Residency Requirements" below to determine what documents you will need to register your child.
You must provide your child's original birth certificate with a raised seal.
Must be signed or stamped by a New York State licensed health care provider.
May be faxed directly from the physician's office for your convenience (fax - 845-657-8742).
Most current report card (required for all secondary students, but recommended for all grade levels).
Most current Individualized Education Plan (IEP) for special needs students or 504 Accommodation Plan, if applicable.
- Documentation relating to Special Circumstances
If you are not the natural parent but have legal guardianship of the student, please provide us with the appropriate documents.
If there are any other special circumstances such as: custody agreements, orders of protection, etc., please bring those documents with you also.
Onteora Central School District
PO Box 300/4166 State Route 28
Boiceville, NY 12412
845-657-6383 ext 1023