Thank you for a successful
2019 Budget Vote and Election
May 21, 2019
|2019-2020 Budget $57,403,498||Capital Project|
|Dafne DeJesus||Kevin Salem|
|Write in Votes|
|John Michelotti||Michael Mouse||Maxanne Resnick||Rick Wolff|
|Charles Perez||Donald Duck||Bob Bloomer||Vinny Gumbotts|
|Mickey Mouse||Dennis Prager||Tyrian Lamister|
|Goofy||Stephen Crowder||Jana Martin|
|Edwin Stange||LJ Warren|
|Rick Wolff -2||Paul Wright|
On the Ballot:
Vote for two people to serve three year terms on the Board of Education:
Dafne DeJesus Kevin Salem
Proposition 1 - 2019-2020 Budget:
BE IT RESOLVED, that the Onteora Central School District Board of Education be and is hereby authorized to expend the sums set forth under the various headings which are voted upon in gross and not in detail in the total amount of $57,403,498 (which includes $20,000 to support public library) for the year commencing July 1, 2019 and ending June 30, 2020, and the Board is authorized to levy and collect the necessary tax thereof on the taxable property of the District.
Proposition #2 – Spend Capital Reserve funds on a Capital Project
RESOLVED, that the Board of Education of the Onteora Central School District be authorized to (a) renovate, rehabilitate, and/or reconstruct portions of the Onteora High School/Middle School to bring them into compliance with ADA standards; (b) renovate, rehabilitate, and/or reconstruct portions of the Bennett Elementary School roof; and (c) renovate, rehabilitate and/or reconstruct the Onteora HS/MS athletic fields, including replacement of certain sections of fencing, installation of a new backstop and portable bleachers, improvement of the dugout and upgrades to the drainage system, which proposed renovation, rehabilitation and reconstruction include the acquisition of equipment, machinery, apparatus and related work at an estimated maximum cost of $6,160,000, which amount shall be funded entirely from the District’s Capital Reserve Fund.
Thank you for your interest in running for a seat on the Onteora Board of Education. The petition should be returned to the Office of the District Clerk no later than 5:00 p.m., Monday, April 22, 2019, and shall be reviewed to determine that you have signatures of at least 25 qualified voters of the District.
To qualify for membership on a school board you:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older, and not adjudged to be an incompetent (Note: a convicted felon is barred from running for a seat on a school board if his or her maximum prison sentence has not expired or if he or she has not been pardoned or discharged from parole)
- Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year (§ 2103(2)).
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same
- May not be a current employee of the school district
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office
If you meet the qualifications above, and if the petition is in order, your name shall be placed on the ballot for the election, which is scheduled for Tuesday, May 21, 2019. Petition forms may be picked up at the Onteora Administrative Offices, 4166 Route 28, Boiceville, New York, from the District Clerk between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. each business day or downloaded: Download Petition
Names are placed on the ballot in accordance with a drawing by lot. This drawing will take place in the District Administrative Office at 10:00 a.m., on Tuesday, April 23, 2019. It is not necessary for you to be present.
Click this link to see information from the New York State School Board Association: "Running for the School Board"
Voting at Large for Two (2) vacancies to be filled, for Two (2) Board Seats for terms as follows:
· July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2022
NOTE: Absentee Ballots are automatically sent to those registered as disabled with the Ulster County Board of Elections and those towns in Greene County which are part of the Onteora Central School District. These ballots will be mailed the last week of April.
If you would like to receive an absentee ballot because you will be unable to vote in person due to illness, hospitalization, incarceration (unless incarcerated for conviction of a felony), travel outside of Ulster County for employment or business reasons, studies, or vacation (Education Law 2018-a(2), 2018-b(2)) you need to print and complete an Absentee Ballot Application and send it to:
Onteora Central School District
PO Box 300
Boiceville, NY 12412
Application for an absentee ballot needs to be received by 5:00 pm Tuesday, May 14, 2019 for a ballot to be mailed to you. (NYS Ed. Law §§ 2018-a(8), 2018-b(9))
Applications may also be picked up at the Central administration office at 4166 State Route 28, Boiceville, NY between 8am and 4pm. You may complete the application and then be given an Absentee Ballot to complete while you are here. If you need special arrangements to complete the absentee ballot process please call 845-657-6383 ext. 1010.
To qualify to vote in the 2019 Budget Vote and Election you must be registered with the Ulster County Board of Elections to vote in the general election.
1. Must be a citizen
2. Be age 18 or older
3. Residence must be ONE and ONLY legal residence (If you vote in the general elections for President, mayor, county legislator, etc., in another town or city or state ... you CANNOT vote in the Budget Vote and Election of the Onteora Central School District.