School -Parent Compact
To help our children achieve, we agree to abide by the following conditions during the current school school year:
The school will:
• Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment;
• Hold parent-teacher conferences during these conferences, this compact will be discussed as it relates to your child’s
• Provide parents with frequent reports on their child’s progress;
• Provide parents reasonable access to staff; and
• Provide parents with opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class and to observe classroom activities.
• Ensure regular two-way, meaningful communication between parents and family members and school staff, and, to the
extent practicable, in a language that the parents and family members can understand
We, as parents, will support our children’s learning in all of these equally important ways:
• Monitor my child’s attendance;
• Make sure that homework is completed;
• Limit amount of daily recreation screen time;
• Volunteer in my child’s school when possible;
• Participate in decisions regarding my children’s education;
• Promote positive use of my child’s extracurricular time; and
• Stay informed about my child’s education and communicate with the school regularly.
As a student, I will share the responsibility to improve my grades, and agree to:
• Give to my parents all notices and information received by me from my school every day.
• Do homework every day and ask for help when needed;
• Read at least 20 minutes a day outside of school.