Students new to the Onteora Central School must be registered before entering school.Parents or guardians should schedule an appointment to register their child(ren) for school. Parents should obtain and complete a registration packet prior to scheduling an appointment.
To obtain a registration packet choose one of the following
The following documents are required to register a student into the Onteora Central
- call the registrar's office - 845-657-6383
- stop by the registrar's office - 4166 State Route 28, Boiceville, NY
- download the appropriate form from the following document links below as a large packet or to the left as individual forms.
- The parent/legal guardian must be present at the time of registration and present picture identification.
- Registration is a two-step process. After meeting with the district representative, the parent and student visit the school building where the child will attend. It is at this time that the student's teacher/schedule is assigned and transportation arrangements
All new students entering the Onteora Central School District must provide the
- Proof of Residency
proper documentation to establish residency. The documents provided must always
state the student's physical address (where the student rests his or her head each night).
A post office box is never an acceptable address for the purpose of determining
residency. Please select the "Residency Requirements" below to determine
what documents you will need to register your child.
Must be signed or stamped by a New York State licensed health care provider.May be faxed directly from the physician's office for your convenience (fax - 845-657-8742).
- Proof of Age
Education Law 3218 states that a student’s age shall be proven by:
a) a duly certified transcript of a birth certificate, or a certified record of baptism giving the date of birth; or, if not available,
b) a passport including foreign passport) showing the date of birth of the minor; or, if not available,
c) other documentary evidence or other recorded evidence in existence two years or more, and satisfactory to the certifying officer such as:
d) Official driver’s license
e) State- or other government-issued ID
f) School photo ID with date of birth
g) Consulate identification card
h) Hospital or health records (in New York City, Hospital Birthing Records)
i) Military dependent ID card
j) Native American tribal document
k) Record(s) from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies (VOLAGs)
l) The child shall be entered under his/her legal name.
Proof of Immunization
Most current report card (required for all secondary students, but recommended for all grade levels).Most current Individualized Education Plan (IEP) for special needs students or 504 Accommodation Plan, if applicable.
- School Records
If you are not the natural parent but have legal guardianship of the student, please provide us with the appropriate documents.If there are any other special circumstances such as: custody agreements, orders of protection, etc., please bring those documents with you also.Registrar:
- Documentation relating to Special Circumstances
Onteora Central School District
PO Box 300/4166 State Route 28
Boiceville, NY 12412
845-657-6383 ext 1023